After the Christmas rush, things are a bit slow right now at the Liberty Theater – but we’ll be ramping up in February with plenty to keep you busy the rest of the year!
- Chris Jones & the Night Drivers (featuring Mark Stoffel, Gina Clowes, and Jon Weisberger) kick us off on Groundhog Day with great bluegrass.
- February is Black History Month, and we’ll celebrate with our usual Gospel Sing and one or two films (dates TBA).
- We’re doubling up on last year’s monthly films – mid-month we’ll be showing a classic film on a Friday night followed by a children’s film Sunday afternoon. We’ll kick it off with a romance in February, and starting in March every other month we’ll have a Hitchcock double feature pairing early classics like The Lady Vanishes with obscurities like The Ring.
- In March we’ll be holding our Trivia Night fundraiser – stay tuned for details!
- In spring we expect to see the Easter Bunny as well as Serengeti Steve (but not the same day – some snakes find rabbits delicious!).
- The Shawnee Shorts Midwestern Film Festival comes to the Liberty on June 1 – come see the creative work of independent filmmakers from the region.
- Later in the year, of course, there will be the usual Apple Festival events, Nathan Clark George’s December concert, and more…
We hope to see you in the seats with a $1 popcorn and $1 drink in your hands this year.